Home > Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total cost to be paid at booking. The remaining balance is to be paid no later than 6 weeks before arrival. If the balance is not received by the due date your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the full balance.
- All accommodation is offered subject to it being vacant on receipt of a deposit.
- The proprietor is relieved from liability should the accommodation be neither available nor suitable due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Occupants undertake to relieve the proprietor of all liability whatsoever for accidents to themselves. We cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to property within the precincts.
Occupants are not to arrive at LLwyn Derw BEFORE 5pm (unless arranged with the proprietor beforehand) and to observe that they should vacate the unit BEFORE 10am on the day of departure.
The hirer will be responsible for any loss, damage or breakages that occur. A £300 (£350 durig Christmas and New Year) security deposit is requested for Llwyn Derw cottage a week before your arrival. This will be refunded in full within a couple of days of departure if the unit was left as found. Any breakages, damages or extra cleaning will be charged for.
Deposits are non- refundable. We regret that should you cancel within 6 weeks of your holiday you will be liable for the full amount of rent unless we are successful in re-letting the accommodation for the same period, if successful the amount we receive for a last minute booking less the deposit will be refunded.
If a booking is made within the 6 weeks of your holiday the full amount is due.
- We STRONGLY ADVICE that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance to cover any event leading to a cancellation including Covid19
- PETS ARE STRICTLY NOT PERMITTED. If pets are found in the property, garden or vehicles parked on the property car park your contract will be terminated with immediate effect and asked to leave with no refund. The retainer will go towards deep cleaning of the property and grounds before future guests' arrival.
- The occupier is to ensure that the property is left as found on departure with all furniture put back to its original place. Due to Covid 19 regulations we ask that all bins be emptied including bathroom bins and used bed linen to be stripped from beds and placed in the green bags supplied together with all used towels. All food to be removed from the property.
- A strict ruling is that the number of persons occupying the property at any one time must not exceed 10 + 1 cot. Only those listed on the booking form are permitted to occupy the cottage and you should never add or make changes to your party after the balance has been paid unless we have been informed. We do not allow the unit to be used as daily accommodation for extra persons who are sleeping elsewhere. This practice is considered to be overcrowding and is strictly forbidden by law as it contravenes the health and safety regulations and our Insurance. Flouting of this regulation can result in immediate termination of the contract with no refund.
- The cottage is strictly NO SMOKING/VAPING and only permitted outside in the garden. Anyone found to be breaching this rule will result in immediate termination of occupancy with no refund and the retainer will go towards deep cleaning the property.
- We reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes, guests will be informed of such occurrences.
- Maintenance of garden will occur, weather permitting, during your stay. Owner will arrange with guests of appropriate time to carry out these tasks, preferably when guests are out for the day.
- Recycling through Gwynedd Council must be strictly adhered to, non compliance will incur Council fees and deducted from the retainer.
- Noise to be restricted to a minimum after 10.30 pm and before 9 am as the property is in a residential area, especially when outside.
- Strictly families and couples. No Stag, Hen or similar groups. Lead guest must be 25 yrs or over. Not suitable for the very infirm.
- Small children to be supervised around the garden at all times. Playing in the car park is strictly forbidden.
- Any abusive or threatening behaviour towards the owner or staff will not be tolerated in any circumstances and will result in immediate termination of contract and be asked to leave with no refund.
- The property does not allow EV (electric cars) to be charged from any socket inside or outside the premises as it invalidates our Insurance policy and is strictly forbidden by law. A list of EV charge points close to Barmouth, Merioneth can be found on:- Zap-map.com
- Please ensure you are familiar with the Property's location and that the property is suitable for your needs.
- Please respect the surrounding areas and abide The Countryside Code
- Fibre broadband is provided for recreational use only. We will not be liable for any form of compensation in respect of the provision or quality of connectivity.
- If anything is not quite right with the property on arrival please advise immediately in order for the issue to be rectified. If the offer is refused then we assume it is no longer an issue and cannot be used against us to claim compensation, refund or referred to in future online reviews.
Thank you for taking the time to read the terms and conditions.